“Get–in” is via the backstage scene dock with access to the stage via sliding doors 2.92m high x 1.88m wide. The Proscenium arch opening is 3. 57m high x 8.86m wide with a Performing area of 6m deep x 8.86m wide (the depth can be extended by 1m at the front with the addition of decking). The stage is level throughout with no stage rake. The standard floor surface is painted hardboard, but a Harlequin Dance Floor is available. The grid height is 5m, with 3 pre-rigged tab tracks, black masking, Star-cloth and white gauze cyclorama, in addition to this there is a set of gold house tabs permanently rigged downstage. In front of the stage, an Orchestra Pit can be revealed which sits 0.9m below auditorium level and is 1.8m x 8.8m wide. The band pit can seat approximately 20 musicians with music stands (which we can provide).
Lighting control is with either a Chamsys Magic Q 40 lighting board with 4 universes or an ETC Nomad with a control wing and 2 universes.
There are 72 channels of which 30 can be hard patched front of house (The other 42 are on stage).
Our lighting rig consists of…
- 12 Par 64s (CP62s)
- Profiles:- 8 x Source 4 zoom 25/50, 8 x Source 4 50 degrees fixed permanently rigged as warm and cold face light, 6 x 1kw Pacific 75/45 permanently rigged as a breakup stage wash, 4 x 1kw Pacific 12/24, 4 x 650w Brio
- 5 baton LEDs used as cyclorama wash
- 8 x Chauvet Rogue R1 washes rigged as backlight
- 4 x Chauvet Rogue R2 spots
- A selection of RGB Parcans
- 3 complete stage washes of 18 fresnels 1kw (as a mixture of Strand & Selecon)
- 2 x 2kw follow spots
Mixing is via an Allen & Heath QU32 digital soundboard.
We have 2x handheld Trantec wireless mics & 4 wireless Trantec belt-pack mics, we can also provide 4 x SM58 microphones, 4 x SM57 microphones and a selection of other instrument microphones.
The Queen’s Hall PA system is made up of Subs, Tops and infill speakers covering every area of the auditorium, we can also provide 4 x powered wedge speakers for stage foldback.
Communication talkback is installed throughout the technical areas and we can provide 4 wireless coms packs for floating personal.
We have audio show-relay in all of our dressing rooms including the classroom and green-room and we can provide video show relay in the dock-room, classroom and green-room as well as prompt corner and the control room.
- 32 amp single phase power supply located stage right
- Projector Screen in front of proscenium arch this cannot be moved.
- 7k Projector rigged on the balcony front this cannot be moved and is not recommended for backdrop projection.
- 4 x 2m x 1m Drum Risers
- Smoke Machine
- Haze Machine
- Star cloth
- Mirror ball rigged in the auditorium
- 20 lit music stands + 1 double size lit conductor’s stand
- Assorted extension leads for power, audio and dmx
- Full black pleated tabs on curtain tracks x 2
- Soft black masking made up of legs and borders x 3
- 1 x small Ladder 2 x medium ladders (for stage rigging access). 1 x Large Ladder (for front of house rigging access).
Please note:- Any lighting gels, patching or focusing changes must be discussed with the Technician. Any changes made without consultation with the Technician will incur a charge to reset the venue back to the “Standard Rig” for future shows.